JOIN OUR CREWBUSINESS DEVELOPER | EDUCATION
Business Developer – Education
Posted: August 31, 2020
The focus of this job is making connections with people within education or related industries, motivating and inspiring them to achieve results. Poise and an engaging, empathetic communication style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm is the key to achieving the goals of this job. The work involves driving toward results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others. While the job requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved with and through people. A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated is the foundation for designing and implementing interactive communication and decision-making processes. Knowledge and skill in how to successfully influence and persuade others by understanding how their individual needs and motivations link to goals is essential.
The job requires a high degree of “selling”, whether of ideas and policies within the organization, or products or services in the marketplace. The job environment is fast-paced and results-oriented. While there is urgency to goal achievement, responsibility for the achievement of results needs to be shared and effectively delegated when necessary. Initiating projects and processes beyond established organization practices will often require training and developing others, and enlisting their support by using a “selling” rather “telling” communication style. A self-confident, extroverted style that can enliven, engage, and positively impact individuals and groups is essential.
The job has variety of tasks and is dynamic and changing. Because goals and desired results can quickly change, the job requires regularly meeting and pro-actively establishing relationships with new groups. The ability to understand, quickly react, and motivate others to adapt to the changing organization environment is a critical key to success. In general, the core of this position requires a motivated and motivating team builder and organization developer.
- Variety of activities
- Multiple projects occurring simultaneously
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Fast-paced environment
- People/relationships focus
- Team building
- Inspire, motivate others, and engage their commitment
- Involve others in decision-making process
- Cooperative, collaborative decision-making
- Must assume responsibility for risk
- Extroverted, warm, enthusiastic, empathetic
- Stimulating communicator
- Persuasive “selling” style
- Collaborative approach
- Leadership based on ability to motivate others
- Strong commitment to results
- Delegate authority readily
1. Complete a Behavioral Assessment here.
(Cut and paste this link in your browser: https://assessment.predictiveindex.com/d7d/6a869414-6044-4eea-aa15-52140e0517c1?type=candidateba)
2. Send your resume to email@example.com. Note the position you are applying for in the Subject line.
3. We will be following up with those individuals who meet the criteria.
We thank you for your time and interest in Purpose HQ!